The CR1632 battery is a small, flat, coin-shaped battery that is widely used in a variety of electronic devices, including calculators, remote controls, cameras, and watches. It is a powerful and reliable source of energy, with a long lifespan and a high energy density.
However, as with any battery, it is important to know what the equivalent options are in terms of performance and compatibility. The CR1632 battery equivalent refers to other types of batteries that can be used in place of the CR1632 battery without compromising the device’s performance or causing any damage to the device.
These battery equivalents typically have similar physical dimensions and electrical properties to the CR1632 battery, making them a suitable replacement option. Some of the most commonly used CR1632 battery equivalents include the BR1632, LIR1632, and DL1632 batteries, each with its own specific features and advantages.
Understanding these CR1632 battery equivalents is crucial for individuals who need to replace their batteries or for manufacturers looking for compatible alternatives. This article aims to provide readers with a comprehensive understanding of the CR1632 battery equivalent, including the differences between various options and the benefits and drawbacks of each type.
By the end of this article, readers will have a better understanding of how to choose the right battery equivalent for their device and how to ensure optimal performance and longevity.
What Does CR1632 Stand For?
The acronym “CR1632” stands for the specific characteristics and specifications of the battery. Let’s break it down:
- “CR” refers to the chemistry of the battery. In this case, it stands for “Lithium Manganese Dioxide” (Li-MnO2), which is the primary chemistry used in CR-series batteries;
- “16” represents the diameter of the battery in millimeters. In the case of CR1632, it has a diameter of 16mm;
- “32” indicates the thickness of the battery in millimeters. The CR1632 battery has a thickness of 3.2mm ;
So, CR1632 is a specific type of lithium coin cell battery with a diameter of 16mm and a thickness of 3.2mm. It is commonly used in a wide range of electronic devices, such as watches, calculators, remote controls, and medical equipment, where a compact and reliable power source is required.
Applications of CR1632
The CR1632 battery finds application in various electronic devices that require a compact and reliable power source. Some common applications of the CR1632 battery include:
- Watches: Many wristwatches, including digital and analog models, utilize CR1632 batteries to power their timekeeping mechanisms. These batteries provide a long lifespan and reliable performance, ensuring accurate timekeeping;
- Calculators: CR1632 batteries are commonly used in calculators, particularly those with advanced functions and features. The compact size of the battery allows it to fit seamlessly within the calculator’s design while providing the necessary power for extended use;
- Key Fobs and Remote Controls: Keyless entry systems, car key fobs, garage door openers, and various remote controls often rely on CR1632 batteries. These devices require a reliable power source to transmit signals wirelessly and operate smoothly;
- Medical Devices: The CR1632 battery is utilized in various medical devices, including glucose meters, blood pressure monitors, thermometers, and hearing aids. These devices require a stable power supply to ensure accurate measurements and reliable operation;
- Electronic Toys and Games: Many electronic toys, handheld gaming devices, and electronic game controllers use CR1632 batteries to provide the necessary power for hours of playtime. The compact size of the battery allows it to fit within the limited space available in these devices;
- Fitness and Health Trackers: CR1632 batteries are commonly found in fitness trackers, pedometers, heart rate monitors, and other wearable health devices. These batteries offer a combination of compact size, long-lasting power, and reliable performance, making them suitable for continuous monitoring of health and fitness metrics;
- Small Electronic Devices: The CR1632 battery is also used in a wide range of small electronic devices such as digital thermometers, electronic organizers, electronic locks, small LED flashlights, and computer motherboards. These devices rely on the CR1632 battery to power their essential functions efficiently ;
CR1632 Battery Specifications
CR1632 batteries are a type of lithium coin cell battery commonly used in small electronic devices, such as watches, calculators, and key fobs.
Here are some of the specifications for CR1632 batteries:
- Size: Diameter of 16mm and a thickness of 3.2mm;
- Voltage: 3V;
- Capacity: Typically around 130mAh at a continuous drain current of 0.19mA;
- Chemistry: Lithium coin cell;
- Shelf life: Can last up to 10 years when stored properly;
- Cross-reference part numbers: DL1632, BR1632, ECR1632, KCR1632, L50, 5005LC, and SB-T51;
Note that some of these specifications can vary slightly depending on the manufacturer and the specific model of the battery. It’s important to check the manufacturer’s datasheet for the exact specifications of a specific battery model before purchasing or using it in a device.
The CR1632 battery is a coin cell battery commonly used in various electronic devices. However, it does not have a pinout since it is not a pin-based component like integrated circuits or connectors.
Coin cell batteries like the CR1632 typically have two flat metal contacts on the top and bottom surfaces. These contacts serve as positive (+) and negative (-) terminals. The positive terminal is usually marked with a “+” symbol or indicated by a raised ridge around the circumference of the battery.
When installing the CR1632 battery in a device, it is important to ensure that the positive and negative terminals align correctly with the corresponding contacts in the battery compartment. The device itself will have its own pinout or connection scheme, which determines how the battery’s terminals are connected to the circuit.
To determine the pinout or connection scheme for a specific device, it is best to refer to the device’s user manual, and technical specifications, or consult the manufacturer. These resources will provide detailed information on how to correctly install the CR1632 battery and ensure proper connectivity within the device .
The CR1632 battery typically comes in a compact, round package commonly referred to as a coin cell or button cell package. The package is designed to house the battery and provide easy installation and removal in electronic devices.
Here are some key features of the CR1632 package:
- Shape: The CR1632 package has a circular shape, resembling a coin or button. This design allows it to fit seamlessly into devices that require a compact power source;
- Size: The CR1632 package has a diameter of approximately 16mm, as indicated by the “16” in its name. It also has a thickness of around 3.2mm, which is represented by the “32” in its name;
- Metal Casing: The package is typically constructed with a metal casing, often made of stainless steel or nickel-plated steel. The metal casing provides durability, and protection, and acts as the negative terminal of the battery;
- Positive Terminal: The positive terminal of the CR1632 battery is usually located on the top surface of the package. It is marked with a “+” symbol or a raised ridge around the circumference of the battery. The positive terminal is usually made of a conductive material, such as nickel or brass;
- Insulating Ring: To prevent short circuits, the CR1632 package often includes an insulating ring around the positive terminal. This ring acts as a barrier between the positive and negative terminals, ensuring proper electrical isolation;
- Markings: The CR1632 package may feature markings or engravings that indicate the battery’s model number (CR1632) and the manufacturer’s logo or branding. These markings help identify the specific battery type and its origin;
When handling the CR1632 battery, it’s essential to follow proper safety precautions and dispose of it responsibly, as it contains chemicals and materials that should not be mishandled or discarded in regular waste streams.
How Long Does the CR1632 Battery Last?
The lifespan of CR1632 batteries can vary depending on the usage and the device in which they are installed. On average, they can last anywhere from 2-10 years. However, factors such as the battery’s age, drain current, and operating temperature can all affect its lifespan and cause it to last less than the typical range. It’s recommended to replace the battery as soon as it starts to show signs of low power, such as a dimming display or reduced performance.
How to Calculate the Run Time of CR1632:
Determine the Battery Capacity
The capacity of the CR1632 battery is typically expressed in milliampere-hours (mAh) and indicates how much charge the battery can hold. Look for the specified capacity on the battery or refer to the manufacturer’s specifications. Let’s assume a hypothetical capacity of 120mAh for this example.
Determine the Device’s Power Consumption
To calculate the run time, you need to determine how much current (in milliamperes or mA) the device powered by the CR1632 battery consumes. This information can often be found in the device’s user manual or technical specifications. For instance, let’s assume the device draws a current of 10mA.
Apply the Calculation
Divide the battery’s capacity (in mAh) by the device’s power consumption (in mA) to estimate the run time in hours. In our example, the calculation would be as follows:
- Run Time = Battery Capacity / Device Power Consumption;
- Run Time = 120mAh / 10mA;
- Run Time = 12 hours ;
Therefore, based on these assumptions, the estimated run time of the CR1632 battery in this particular device would be approximately 12 hours.
It’s important to note that this is a simplified calculation and serves as a rough estimate. Actual run times may vary due to factors such as battery age, temperature, and device characteristics.
Additionally, devices often have varying power consumption levels depending on their usage patterns (e.g., standby mode vs. active use), so it’s recommended to monitor the battery’s performance in the specific device to obtain more accurate run time information.
What are the Safety Concerns of the CR1632 Battery?
One of the main concerns is the risk of leakage or rupture if the battery is exposed to extreme heat or physical damage. This can cause the battery to release hazardous chemicals and potentially lead to injury or damage to surrounding materials.
There is also a risk of electrical shock or short-circuiting if the battery terminals are connected improperly or if the battery is damaged, which can result in heat generation and potential fire hazards.
It’s important to handle and dispose of lithium coin cell batteries properly to avoid these safety risks. This includes storing them in a cool, dry place, keeping them away from children and pets, using them only for their intended purpose, and recycling them when they are no longer in use.
CR1632 Battery Equivalents:
The L1632 battery is a direct equivalent of the CR1632. It shares the same size, voltage, and capacity, making it a reliable replacement option. This battery is commonly found in watches, calculators, and other small electronic devices.
Another alternative to the CR1632 is the KL1632 battery. With similar specifications, this battery provides comparable performance and is widely used in applications such as remote controls, keyless entry systems, and medical devices.
The KCR1632 battery is also an excellent substitute for the CR1632. It offers the same voltage and capacity, ensuring seamless operation in devices like car key fobs, fitness trackers, and electronic toys.
Energizer, a renowned battery brand, offers the ECR1632 as an equivalent to the CR1632. Known for their long-lasting power, Energizer batteries are commonly utilized in various electronic devices, including heart rate monitors, garage door openers, and digital thermometers.
Duracell, another reputable battery manufacturer, presents the DL1632 as a reliable alternative to the CR1632. Duracell batteries are known for their durability and consistent performance. The DL1632 is widely used in devices like key fobs, remote controls, and car alarm systems.
The BR1632 battery is a suitable replacement option for the CR1632, primarily in applications that require extended lifespan and high energy output. This battery is commonly found in backup memory devices, smoke detectors, and automotive keyless entry systems.
For those seeking a rechargeable alternative to the CR1632, the LiR1632 is an ideal choice. This lithium-ion rechargeable battery offers the advantage of being reusable, making it environmentally friendly and cost-effective. It can be used in devices such as LED flashlights, wireless headphones, and electronic organizers.
The ML1632 battery serves as an equivalent to the CR1632, providing comparable voltage and capacity. It is commonly used in devices like digital cameras, electronic thermometers, and glucose meters.
Last but not least, the VL1632 battery is a viable replacement for the CR1632. This battery is often utilized in small electronic devices, including computer motherboards, electronic locks, and glucose monitors .
When searching for a CR1632 battery equivalent, it’s crucial to consider factors such as voltage, capacity, and size compatibility. While the aforementioned alternatives are reliable replacements, it’s always recommended to consult the manufacturer’s specifications or seek professional advice to ensure the best performance and compatibility with your device.
1. Is 1632 the same as CR2032?
No, 1632 batteries are not the same as CR2032 batteries. While they both have the same diameter, the CR2032 is thicker and has a higher voltage and capacity than 1632.
2. Can you use CR2016 instead of CR1632?
While the CR2016 has a lower capacity and voltage than the CR1632, they both have the same diameter and can sometimes be used as a substitute. However, using a lower-capacity battery may lead to a shorter battery life.
3. Is the DL1632 the same as CR1632?
Yes, the DL1632 is one of the battery equivalents to the CR1632, and they both have the same voltage and capacity.
4. Is CR1632 the same as 1616?
No, the CR1632 is not the same as the 1616. The 1616 is thinner and has a lower capacity and voltage than the CR1632.
5. Is CR1632 the same as CR2016?
No, the CR1632 is not the same as the CR2016 battery. While they have the same physical dimensions, the CR1632 has a higher capacity and voltage.
6. Can I replace CR1632 with CR2016?
In some cases, the CR2016 can be used as a substitute for the CR1632, but using a lower-capacity battery may result in a shorter battery life.
7. Can I use CR1620 instead of CR1632?
While the CR1620 has the same diameter as the CR1632, it has a lower capacity and voltage and may not last as long. It is not recommended to use it as a substitute unless explicitly specified by the device manufacturer .
8. How long do CR1632 batteries last?
The lifespan of CR1632 batteries can vary depending on the usage and the device in which they are installed. On average, they can last anywhere from 2-10 years.
9. What is the difference between 1630 and 1632 batteries?
The main difference between the 1630 and 1632 batteries is their physical size. The 1630 battery is smaller in diameter and thickness compared to the 1632 battery, which can affect its capacity and voltage.
10. Can I use CR2016 instead of CR2025?
While the CR2016 can be used as a substitute for the CR2025 in some cases, it has a lower capacity and may not last as long as the CR2025.
11. Is the BMW key battery CR2450 or CR2032?
The type of battery used in a BMW key can vary depending on the model and year, but it is typically either a CR2450 or a CR2032.
12. What is the price of a CR1632 battery?
13. Are 1616 and 1632 batteries the same?
No, the 1616 battery is smaller in diameter and thickness compared to the 1632 battery, which can affect its capacity and voltage.
14. What size is a 1632 battery?
A 1632 battery has a diameter of 16mm and a thickness of 3.2mm.
15. What is the Duracell 1620 equivalent to?
The Duracell 1620 is equivalent to a CR1620 battery, which has a diameter of 16mm and a thickness of 2.0mm.
Useful Video: Why Can’t I Find CR1620 Batteries (BATTERY HACK TIME)